Wednesday, January 19, 2011

while you were sleepin'...

I spent my birthday weekend in a haze. Too much food, too much cake, too much booze, etc... One thing I could not get enough of, though, was this song:



Off of the new Statik Selektah and Freeway project, The Statik Free EP (fucking brilliant name), this song is set over yet another Statik Selektah beat that I would classify as "pretty much perfect". Freeway rips it, of course, with his typical kick-you-in-the-teeth delivery, but Mac Miller really steals the show with his 16... Perhaps I've been snoozing a little myself on this cat..? I guess we'll see.

Either way, go cop the EP on iTunes like I did with that gift card we both know you got for Xmas. No need to come up out the pocket like Mike Vick, dogg... See what I did there?

No comments:

Post a Comment